Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gods' Hand of Protection...

We are currently hosting a 12 member work team from Iowa, an adopting parent & her father from IL & a close friend from IN in our now guesthouse. Last night the adopting mom wanted to bake a cake for her boys' birthday. They thought the oven was on, well, after 10 minutes we discovered that the gas was on but the pilot wasn't lit. I turned the gas off & opened the door for about 5 minutes to let it air out & then I put a match to the pilot as I turned the gas back on. As I did, the collected propane gas in the bottom of the oven blew up (& out!) in my face! The double burner grate flew up & over my head as I put my face to my hands & turned away from the oven. I walked away, unhurt, w/slightly singed shoe laces!
Stephen said, "Mom, God must be watching over you!". I whole-heartily agree. All praise to God for his divine protection in such a situation as this!!
More good news is that one of the guys on the team is a heating/cooling tech & he was able to repair a part on the stove that blew off. Also, the cake was baked & the birthday happily celebrated today :) One more time, praise the Lord!

1 comment:

lori shepler - said...

beth, on the 16th of feb you're having a group come in right? - if so, 1 of the team members is my cousin lea beadle!!! - small world huh?

lori
http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/
chatterboxls@aol.com